Table of Contents
When a Guest visitor enters the webstore and look for products He can only see the product listing but not the price..But once a guest gets registered with the respective website He can able to see the prices and the result is You got the contact id of the potential customer.Indeed the details provided by the guest upon registration can be used in future campaigns.
Installation Steps for Hide Price Extension
1. Take a backup of the Magento files before replacing
2. Extract the files inside Magento Installation Root Magento_App_Root folder is same as your Magento Installation directory
3. Folder structure for default theme <Magento_App_Root\app\design\frontend\base\<default>\template Where <default> folder is based on default theme. Please copy the template folder into your specific theme folder
For Magento 1.3.x the template folder structure is
For Magento 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x the template folder structure would be
Steps to follow in Admin panel:
4. Go to the Admin -> Catalog-> Manage Category
For version 1.3,1.4,1.5
You can see the category custom attribute hide price added in the category general information.
For version 1.6+
You can see the category custom attribute hide price added in the category general.
Go to the particular category which you need the hide price extension, change the option Hide price= “yes”
5. You can also use the hideprice for multi store.
Go to the admin system -> configuration -> HIDE PRICE -> Hide Price
Go to the particular store view which you need to be activate the hideprice,and select the option Activate Hideprice = “yes”
6. Refresh Magento cache. Admin Panel – System – Cache Management – Select all Check boxes – Refresh Magento Cache
How to uninstall the Hide Price extension
Please follow the instructions below to uninstall Hide Product Price and remove from your website.
Step 1: Go to the location
Find the line of code true
and change it to
Refresh the Cache in admin panel->System->Cache Management
Step 2: Roll back original view.phtml, list.phtml files in the following locations
Roll back original addtocart.phtml, price_clone.phtml files in the following locations
Roll back original default.phtml files in the following locations
If there is Theme template folder then please follow this location
If you have any questions or issues, please contact technical support team via http://mage-extensions-themes.com/support/